Thursday, March 22, 2007

Penang Char Koay Teow
Next hawker food I would like to share is Penang Char Koay Teow ("炒粿條"), fried flat noodle. Again there are many famous Char Koay Teow places in Penang Island, but during my last trip back home, I only managed to eat the Char Koay Teow near my home. It is in the coffee shop in Bagan, Butterworth, next to KFC. If I'm not mistaken, the hawker used duck egg for better taste. It is also consist of prawn and Cockles. It can be spicy but it could be pre-order with how much chili that you could take. Normally I will order with a bit of chille.


One important tips to get good Char Koay Teow - the hawker only prepared or fried one person's portion one at a time. Besides that it is best taste when it is serve straight from wok.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Not sure who will be the successor if that Char Koay Teow Master "pergi" .. didn't see any other guy in training....

Kekko said...

You should interview for part time, forget Motorola and besides, pay less taxes ..