Friday, March 16, 2007

On the 7th of March, I was asked to be a driver :-) to Cameron Highlands, I went there with my mom and my cousin together with her 2 daughter. We met my another cousin family from my birth town Taiping near the exit of the highway near Ipoh. I did not know the way so I just follow my cousin's son. After breakfast in Ipoh, I ended up driving all my "old" batch ppl of the trip, the young one prefer the another new car :-). I'm driving my sister's car, an old Proton Iswara (same as the one I had before).

We were using the newer route start from Ipoh to Cameron Highland, the road is less winding and wider compare to the older road start from Tapah. At first I was thinking that it will be quite challenging for me personally because I had not been driving for 1 year and driving this old car (manual) with 4 passenger :-). Anyhow, it is not as hard as I have expected, I have been driven more winding road compare to this.

After some time later, (I did not check the time, it was holiday and all passenger were talking loudly about some story and besides, I need to concentrate on the winding road), we reached to the first farm that we see after some up and down, left and right winding road journey, we stop for the wash room break, I was surprise to see finally how ppl now do farming in the "modern" way.



Later the journey we have visited another floral farm and strawberry farm. Amazingly there are so many strawberry farm. More picture can be seen from my own web server http://kekko.homelinux.com/gallery2/main.php

By the way, the strawberry from Cameron Highland had not taste at all if compare to Finnish strawberry, I was very disappointed after the first bite.

Another disappointment is the weather, it should be cooler (maybe 20 yrs ago) but it seem to be now is it not much different compare to bottom of the highland. Few days later, there was a report in the newspaper mention that the temperature in Cameron Highland has increased few degree and it was resulted from the over development and number of cars visited there. So it is another act of homo sepian :-(. BTW, check the picture below how some the building is build here.





Back to the trip, after visit few farms and some sightseeing, we heading back to Ipoh for dinner and again we hit the winding road. It was another test for me, I have to switching from high gear to low gear and vice verse. There were few time I could hear the squeezing sound of the car tyre from my turning :-) Opsss I drive too fast..... but still there were some cars managed to over take me.. I blame the proton make bad car :-)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

nice shot on the vegi.. are they edible? ahahah they look like plastic..

Kekko said...

It is full of poison ... u knowlah cameron infamous of that...