Tuesday, March 27, 2007

Lao shu fen (Short Rice Noodles)


This is also one of my favorite noodles. It is cooked with mince pork soup with fish ball. Later, an egg is added into the boiling soup so that the egg white get cook fast enough but leave the yolk only to be warm but not cook. That the ideal case if I can get that type of egg in the soup. (There go my high cholesterol). The hawker stall that I visited the most when I stayed in Penang island is the one near the road junction's coffee shop in Sungai Nibong. I visited so many time till the owner of the stall and also coffee shop's the Indonesian maid/waitress know me, so I did no need to really order what I want when I went there because they know what I'm going to have :-) Lao shu Fen + egg and drink is Nescafe Ice.

Unfortunately during my last visit back home, I only managed to visit the place once due to the distance far from where I stay in Butterworth, basically I need to travel more than 30km with crossing a 13km bridge to get this food. But it is definitely worth it.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

So u Blogging with the Indonesian maid? :)

Kekko said...

What??? ... Are u interested? I can show u the place :-)